Love is in the air! February is the month of celebrating Love. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to run out to buy flowers, cards and chocolates to mark the occasion. Why not try making something extra special and homemade?
Whether you have a special someone to cozy up to this Valentine’s Day or you are celebrating solo, elevate your vibes with an arousing elixir that’s sure to please! This Valentine’s Love Punch Kombucha is just as good shared as it is enjoyed it all to yourself. The sensuous flavour of strawberries mingles with the tropical floral essence of hibiscus, creating an exhilarating Love Tonic to revitalize your mojo.
People may ask you,”What’s different? You’re glowing!”. You’ll know the secret is the probiotic cultures loving up your microbiome; making you dance from the inside out. But there’s also nothing quite like a fruity sparkling beverage tingling on your tastebuds to leave you tickled pink!
So here’s what you’ll need to craft this enchanting cocktail and light the spark within:
- 1tbsp dried Hibiscus tea
- 4tsp Gunpowder Green Tea Leaves
- 1L boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3L cool water
- Kombucha SCOBY & 2 cups starter fluid
- 1/4 cup fresh / frozen / or freeze dried strawberries [Buy 🛒]
NOTE: use the sweetest strawberries available. In this case, we used ⏩ Nutristore freeze dried strawberries ⏪ because in February, fresh seasonal strawberries aren’t available in our area. Frozen are also a good option for out of season, because they were likely picked in season at the time of processing. Alternatively you could also use strawberry jam.
- Bring 1L of water to a boil
- Steep tea for 5 mins, then strain into a large glass jar
- Mix in sugar until dissolved
- Top with cool water to bring the mixture down to room temp, or between 21-26 degrees Celsius
- Place Kombucha SCOBY and starter fluid in the jar and seal with a breathable cover
- Let Kombucha brew for approx. 7 days until desired taste has been achieved.
- Transfer brewed kombucha to flip-top bottles for second brew
- Add strawberries to flavour the kombucha (mash up fresh ones, or finely chop frozen or dehydrated ones)
- Leave sealed for 3-7 days to flavour and build up carbonation
- Chill and enjoy!
- You may choose to strain fruit chunks before serving